Thursday, January 29, 2009

Settled In

Being back home is strange and wonderful and all kinds of other shit simultaneously.

In some ways things went right back to normal as though I had never left, but other things are new and different. I'm in a new house with old friends, and am recently (painfully) aware of how little time is left for me here at Berkeley. I am going to try to get more out of this semester by managing my time better and seeing more of my friends more often.

With classes, research, and a job, it can be difficult to find enough time for anything else. Tons of students here, especially in the scientific majors, only spend their time studying. Not only do I think that's unhealthy, but it's also a total waste of a perfectly good college experience. I will leave Berkeley knowing that I could have gotten some better grades had I spent more time in the library. I'll also know that what I got in return for that sacrifice was completely worth it. I probably won't get into the very best medical schools, but the limited social life I have has kept me sane and centered.

Basically, it's going to be a bitching semester.

No comments: